Would you rather be US President or CEO of a S&P 500 company? Given the recent media scrutiny over his presidential campaign, policies, inauguration, hair and dancing abilities, plus outpourings on social media, I know which I'd prefer.
Donald Trump chose to forgo being CEO of his own company, not a decision that many corporate executives in the US would take, according to a recent Korn Ferry survey.
When given the choice, 85% of corporate executives say they would rather be CEO of their own organization than lead the country, according to a recent Korn Ferry survey. The other 15% said they would choose to be U.S. president. “In a way, you could consider the U.S. president as the national CEO,” says Korn Ferry Hay Group senior partner Rick Lash. “While serving as a corporate CEO is generally considered a very challenging role, executives acknowledge the U.S. president faces hurdles that are much higher than those faced by a leader in corporate America.”